American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Cloud Native Strategy
At American Express, we are transforming our technology product delivery by modernizing critical platforms to deliver world class customer experience. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for working with various shared services teams across technology to create executable strategies for building and deploying highly scalable cloud native application stacks incorporating sound architecture and design principles. You will also work with talented and experienced teams of product managers and engineers and have the unique opportunity to contribute to AXP cloud strategy. Your technical expertise, strategic thinking, and ability to execute will enable engineering teams and product owners to experience the productivity benefits of using elastic hybrid cloud.
• Contribute to the cloud native application strategy
• Design, develop and execute operationally sound engineering solutions for deploying workloads in a hybrid cloud environment.
• Help design private cloud infrastructure integration with hybrid cloud platform management layer, identity management and information security infrastructure.
• Design horizontal solutions such as test data management, data pipelines, data streaming, distributed service tracing using micro services
• Support the organization in maturing the infrastructure operations and deployment pipelines into a fully automated, service-oriented, hybrid IT
• Collaborate with engineering teams in data center infrastructure, application security, identity management, compliance, cloud operations, continuous integration.
• Collaborate to build, and deploy customized reusable application environments and application stacks using micro services and containers
• Share technical expertise, achievements among internal and external forums and provide technical guidance and mentoring to teams
• Drive platform and container innovations to enable solutions which improve engineering team productivity and reduce cycle time.
• Drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies in development and operational practices, tools and processes across Technologies
• Mentor junior engineers on the team and help build a strong team of full stack engineers
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2018, 2:05:42 PM