American Express Careers
Assistant Manager, Credit Cards Portfolio Management, Australia & New Zealand
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Assistant Portfolio Manager to contribute to the growth and success of the Proprietary Credit Card portfolio. This role is responsible for driving the strategy, implementation, and growth of consumer lending portfolio products and features. This encompasses driving an innovative portfolio management strategy, development of new ‘best in class’ credit card products, customer life cycle management, engagement and profitability.
This role works closely with broader Marketing teams across the business and international cross-functional experts to drive portfolio growth, profitability and customer engagement.
This role is ideally suited to a motivated individual with experience in financial services product management who thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys partner liaison.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ownership of Consumer credit cards strategies/products to drive the profitable growth of credit card balance
- Strategy development of margin enhancing initiatives – sizing opportunities, identifying what is required to implement, influencing and seeking the appropriate approvals, collaborating with key stakeholders both locally and centrally
- Digitisation of profitable card balance growth initiatives through developing strategies, delivering new capabilities, monitoring performance and collaborating with key stakeholders (Central team, Customer Service, Technology teams etc);
- Partnering with local Analytics and Product Management teams to identify opportunities to enhance the competitive advantages of our products
- Monitoring key drivers and trends through regular reporting and analyses
QualificationsTo be successful in this position you will have/be:
- Solid product management experience ideally with credit cards within the Financial Services industry
- Result oriented with excellent organisational skills
- Strategic mindset with strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Proven skills in relationship management and leading cross functional project teams, utilizing project management skills, to deliver to critical timelines.
- A team player who is flexible & maintains a positive attitude even during changing work priorities
- Understanding of American Express’ Consumer products and the competitive landscape an advantage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2018, 1:27:47 AM