American Express Careers
Assistant Manager, Consumer Lending Portfolio Management, Australia & New Zealand
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Ownership of Consumer Lending strategies/products to drive the profitable growth of Accounts Receivable (AR) including:
- Strategy development of margin enhancing initiatives – sizing opportunities, identifying what is required to implement, influencing and seeking the appropriate approvals, collaborating with key stakeholders both locally and centrally
- Digitisation of profitable AR growth initiatives through developing strategies, delivering new capabilities, monitoring performance and collaborating with key stakeholders (Central team, Customer Service, Technology teams etc);
- Partnering with local Analytics and Product Management teams to identify opportunities to enhance the competitive advantages of our products
- Financial management of Portfolio team / Consumer Products team on Blue Box-wide initiatives
- Monitoring AR drivers and trends through regular reporting and analyses
- 3+ years of marketing experience ideally in the Financial Services industry
- Strong business/financial acumen and analytical skills with experience in sizing opportunities
- Results oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Proven skills in relationship management and influencing cross functional project teams
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously, utilizing project management skills, to deliver to critical timelines and with excellent attention to detail
- Team player who is flexible & maintains a positive attitude even during changing work priorities
- High levels of attention to detail
- Tertiary qualifications preferably in marketing or business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of American Express’ Consumer products and the competitive landscape an advantage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2018, 1:46:25 AM