American Express Careers
Engineer - Infrastructure Operations (ServiceNow & Java Developer)
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our ServiceNow Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology supports the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our ITSM customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough Service Now ITSM transformation and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile scrum development team driving the latest development practices with Service Now currently on the Kingston Release.
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for new automation opportunities
- Joining a team of engineers that delivers ITSM solutions to AMEX worldwide
Are you up for the challenge?
- + years of software development experience with ServiceNow (Java, AngularJS) current releases including Helsinki, Istanbul, Jakarta, or Kingston
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of ITSM Product Development & Integration
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Scrum Team Best Practices
- ServiceNow Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks (AngularJS, Java)
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Some ITSM, ITIL, ServiceNow Process Knowledge (Event, Incident, Problem, Knowledge, Change, etc.)
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2018, 6:15:48 PM