American Express Careers
Agile Scrum Master
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
This opportunity would suit someone with a Scrum Master and a Web Development background who has strong technical ability and who is a keen exponent of Agile. This person needs to have a passion for modern technology and a willingness to deliver robust and creative solutions.
The successful applicant will join the Member Get Member (refer a friend) product development team, a talented and creative team of engineers working on a global platform who consistently deliver innovative solutions to drive significant growth through card acquisition. The team operates in a fully agile model and has dedicated Product Owners also based in the UK.
- Plan Sprints and Program Increments in partnership with stakeholder Scrum Masters and Product Owners.
- Monitor and track progress against plans in partnership with Product Owner.
- Facilitates scrum team to deliver Technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with Product Owner and Engineers.
- Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan and execute product deployments.
- Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports and assigns development resources to activities and monitors performance across resource channels.
- Manages and escalates risks, issues and changes tied to the product development initiatives.
- Understands when to escalate issues versus work through issues within the team.
- Removes roadblocks to enable Engineers make effective progress through sprint cycles.
- Ensures deliverables across Engineering teams are high quality, clearly documented, and compliant.
- Maintains adherence to Agile ceremonies, including daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint to ensure that the team is continuously.
- Proven experience as a technically capable scrum master.
- A good understanding of Software Design principles in a Web Development environment.
- Preferred coding experience, ability to get into the Code and drive to solutions.
- Experience of delivering web based applications using a broad range of technologies including Java, Spring, Angular JS and React.
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver Technology solutions on time, on budget and to spec.
- Experience managing project budgets, resources planning/management and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong People Leader and Relationship Manager.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2018, 7:14:45 AM