American Express Careers
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Work closely with the Product Owner to develop users stories and non functional requirements
- Design new techniques and approaches to solve growing business needs and challenges
- Analyze user stories and develop technical architecture and solutions for new and existing platforms and applications
- Develop working prototypes and validate proposed approaches
- Perform reviews of the deliverables to ensure alignment with standards and architecture
- Develop automation to improve application support efficiency
- Drive improved application availability
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the platform, ecosystem, and business unit to improve end to end architectural delivery
Are you up for the challenge?
- 10+ years of design, architecture, and implementation experience
- In depth experience with SAS, Mainframe, and Linux data analysis and data scrubbing
- Proficient in SQL with good understanding of big data environment
- In depth knowledge of Cobol, JCL, DB2, and IMS
- Experience using tools including Changeman, fileAid, AbendAid, Xpeditor, SPUFI, Sorting tools, and BMCADM
- Knowledge of different messaging techniques including Solace, messaging queues, etc...
- Experience in Compuware toolsets or Topaz Workbench
- SAS experience
- Knowledge and experience with Teradata databases
- Experience with different job schedulers like ControlM, CRON, Flow Manager, and automation techniques
- Python and SQL experience
- Strong data warehousing skills and ETL experience
- Solution architecture experience
- SME expertise in phone numbering plans and in Dialer applications including preview and automated modes
- Contact Center knowledge related to application stack and operations with a focus on fraud, credit, and new accounts
- Familiarity with TCPA rules and other regulatory restrictions and legislation related to dialing
- Superior verbal and written skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects within tight deadlines
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2018, 12:49:53 PM