American Express Careers
Manager - Risk Management
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Manager – Risk Management
Portfolio Risk Management, Continental European Markets
- Closely partnering with the marketing and product teams to define credit risk strategies for new commercial products and services.
- Developing high impact underwriting and acquisition strategies to on-board business on traditional charge card products with extended payment terms, and on small business lending products.
- Collaborating with the commercial payments business teams on potential fintech partnership to offer business products to American Express client base.
- Defining underwriting and ongoing customer management procedures to the operations team to fulfil on the credit risk policies.
- Establishing strong partnership with sales, marketing, and Risk Centre of Excellence teams based across various geographies to successfully drive business growth in the region
Location : London
Salary : Competitive
Advert Opening Date: 26th September 2018
Closing Date: 25th October 2018
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Extensive experience in a credit card company in credit risk or business analytics function.
- Master's Degree or higher in quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Economics) or MBA with quantitative background required
- Good statistical modeling experience essential
- Strong programming skills and experience with programming languages such as R,SQL, SAS, PYTHON & AC++ is essential
- Good communication and persuasion skills with an ability to translate technical analysis into business insights and recommendations, conceptualize and sell ideas to internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with capabilities, decision sciences, technology teams and external vendors to deliver solutions at top speed.
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you'll find out what we're really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you'll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you're ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 26, 2018, 5:52:20 AM