American Express Careers
Release Train Engineer
American Express Consumer Lending is transforming the lending landscape and enabling double digit growth for the company. This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of that journey through product delivery and Integration. You will be part of amazing team of leaders with deep business and technical knowledge with an ability to influence outcomes and collaborate with a multitude of partners across Marketing, Legal, Compliance, multiple Product Owners, Architecture community, and Engineering.
Join our team if you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative lending products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media.
- Drive program/release level processes for an Agile Release Train demonstrating stellar servant leadership, coupled with domain knowledge and technical savvy
- Facilitate Program Increment planning meetings with leadership, business stakeholders, product management and delivery teams on the Agile Release Train(s).
- Support program level meetings in partnership with product management and system architect(s) to aid in the preparation, readiness and prioritization of features for future PI planning sessions.
- Ensure strategic alignment for the train across organizations and teams
- Partner with Business Owners, Product Managers and Product Owners to help assure strategy, vision and road map alignment and execution
- Ensure value is achieved by the train on behalf of end users via the program predictability measure
- Assist with economic decision making by supporting Program Epic and Feature estimations by program team and roll up to program/ release level visibility (overarching team roles)
- Collaborate with other RTEs to coordinate cross-train dependencies
- Live the Agile and SAFe Values & Principles
- Be uncomfortably transparent in all you do
- Be coachable yourself: be open to feedback and committed to continuous personal improvement
- Demonstrate being a lifelong learner
- Challenge the status quo gracefully
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities across Agile teams
- Escalate impediments, manages risks, dependencies and resourcing needs
- Aggregate and drive team Program Increment objectives into Program/ Release objectives to ensure successful delivery
- Mentor and coach to Agile Release Train on Agile/Lean/SAFe Principles
- Drive program/ release level continuous improvements
- Participate in enterprise program management improvement and standardization activities
- Encourage collaboration and quality practices between system architects & Agile teams
- Provide effective oversight to ensure the timely identification and prioritization of technical infrastructure to support implementation of priority features and enablers e.g. Architectural Runway
- Promote compliance with solution delivery lifecycle standards across the Agile Release Train
- You will ensure data integrity for the Agile Release Train within the Agile Management tools
- You will use your technical acumen to provide design alternatives, ask probing questions, and support teams in technical issue resolution
- You will track and communicate team velocity and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- You will create clear communications, escalate and facilitate resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- You will facilitate discussion and look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities and leverage knowledge to influence continuous enhancements.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills; ability to navigate dialogue with a variety of partners
- Demonstrates proficiency in Agile/Lean/SAFe Principles and Frameworks quality and testing best practices
- Ability to drive value delivery
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn about new technology quickly and easily
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 3 years of Scrum Master experience
- 7+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages is a +
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver solutions
- SPC or SA certification required; RTE certification a plus
- PMI ACP Certifications a plus Strong leadership skills with managing multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with product development
- Demonstrated experience in developing business process flows and/or technical stack diagrams.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; ability to craft a story and develop executive level communication
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2018, 2:20:22 PM