American Express Careers
Financial Analysis Manager
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 11th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
This position will primarily support the External Reporting function, and would entail one or more of the following activities:
• Work on preparation of financial results and key performance metrics relating to AXP / Segment Balance Sheet analysis.
• Compiling information relating to balance composition and variance analysis on various report lines for senior leadership review, including - FAB (Finance Analysis Book) compilation, Others Package reporting.
• Carry out ad-hoc analysis to support new business initiatives and enabling accurate reporting.
• Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure integrity of the information collected.
• Collaborate with multiple Finance partners across Controllership and Finance to source information and deliver on customer expectations.
• The incumbent will be expected to quickly gain detailed understanding of inputs, processes, controls, flows, metrics, risks, and outputs of the process area.
• The incumbent will be required to participate in standardization and continuous improvement initiatives as well as other business partner initiatives.
• The incumbent would be required to consistently understand and exceed customer’s requirements whilst ensuring effective teamwork at all times.
• The incumbent shall ensure that all deadlines are continually met and adequate controls are maintained over the processes handled by the team.
Qualifications• The incumbent should either be Chartered Accountant / an MBA from premier institute with 2-3 years of post-qualification experience.
• Should have problem solving, planning and analytical skills to facilitate and focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to interact independently with senior business partners / customers etc.
• Reporting and analysis experience will be an advantage.
• Familiarity with US GAAP and financial accounting experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of company policies, businesses, Finance processes and systems is desirable.
• Must be proficient in MS Applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
•Should have strong results orientation, project management, collaboration and co-ordination abilities
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018, 1:16:57 PM