American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
Don’t just follow digital trends. Help create one.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high-performers. This is a great opportunity to join the Global Network Technology (GNT) team where we partner with the Global Network Operations (GNO) team to allow banking institutions globally to issue American Express cards and process their transactions.
In addition, the GNT team is responsible for delivering an operationally secure and commercially robust payments network within a strong governance framework. The GNT team develops innovative network products and capabilities, with a particular focus on enabling payment technologies such as EMV, contactless and mobile NFC, and delivering enhanced value to all American Express issuers and merchant acquirers.
The successful applicant for the Scrum Master/Technical Project Manager role will be part of team involved in designing, developing, implementing, and operating solutions that scale to the demands of a global organization. This is a unique opportunity to showcase your technical and delivery skills as a core member of an established team.
Manages delivery of application services and solutions in support of key initiatives by working closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Solution Architects, and Engineers.
- Works with other Scrum Masters/TPMs to maintain delivery between planned sprints/iterations and dependent teams.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the team’s work across multiple engineering, infrastructure and third parties.
- Work within and across tech and business units to prioritize, plan and execute the development schedule for new capabilities.
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments that hinder progress against sprints and Program Increments.
- Assigns resources to activities and monitors delivery metrics.
- Manages and escalates risks, issues, and changes tied to delivery.
- Conducts routine Sprint/Agile ceremonies on a regular cadence.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant technical project management experience.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or other Technical discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality. Includes methods such as Lean, XP, Kanban, Scrum, Programmer Anarchy and scaling methods such as SAFe/Nexus.
- Experience managing project budgets, resource planning/management, and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate across technical, business, and third-party stakeholders.
- Strong relationship manager.
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, and advocating for simplification.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on project
- Ability to view the end-to-end process and understand downstream, upstream.
- Effects of implementing change and plan appropriately to compensate and/or overcome this when necessary.
- Proven ability to manage change in dynamic, ambiguous environment and ability to influence without direct authority among peers and with leaders.
Nice to Have
- Relevant Certifications (e.g. PMI, Scrum Master (CSM), etc).
- Infrastructure experience (servers, virtual machines, containers, databases, and networking concepts).
- Relevant collaboration and project management tool experience (e.g. Slack, Confluence, Rally, etc.)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2018, 8:44:51 AM