American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Security Idenity Engineer
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by energetic teams of high performers. If you are highly motivated to design and build strong security solutions to drive innovation for a rapidly growing company and customers, join our team! Engineers joining our technologies team can be assigned to one of several exciting projects and initiatives building new security capabilities including Access Management, Authentication and Authorization, Open Authorization (OAuth), Single Sign-on, and Federated Identity Management capabilities.
- hands-on engineering with strong development and coding experience such as Java, C/C++, or Mobile development applications, understanding of product strategy, translating user stories into successful product releases, and leading a team of engineers in an agile environment.
- Additionally, this position will be involved with delivering frameworks and automated solutions for integrations and development processes and enabling adoption of security solutions across the enterprise.
- This individual will interact at multiple levels within American Express while demonstrating strong technical skills, thought leadership, and delivering on strategic goals.
- He or she will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as a core member of an engineering and development team that designs and develops security capabilities such as Authentication, Authorization including Multi-factor and biometric, Federation, and Mobile security.
- Functions as Senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices - tools, common components, and documentation
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements, based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new security technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Conducts code reviews and builds test automation
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects Defines the integration build and produces a build definition for generation of the software in collaboration with the Architect
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
- Contributing to teams for deployment, updates and maintenance of new or existing Infrastructure (servers, databases) and Commercial Off The Shelf Security solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Manages and mentors teams of engineers through ongoing development efforts
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to set and maintain high performance standards for self and others, hold self and other team members accountable for achieving results, and provide strategic thought leadership to identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies and enable business capabilities through innovation. Additional qualifications include:
- Over 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing applications in a multi-tenant large datacenter environment and/or cloud computing environment
- 4+ years of Java/J2EE and C/C++.
- Technical competence in the needed technical areas: Java, J2EE, and Spring, REST services, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), XML, JSON, SOAP
- Experience with Microservices based architecture is a plus
- Has solid understanding of the SDLC process and follows the process to effectively develop and design solutions
- Experience in building scalable, high performing, and robust distributed Web applications.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle/manage multiple simultaneous priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Maintains knowledge of leading security engineering trends in order to evaluate solutions to meet changing security needs
- Experience creating technical documentation, including product documentation, technical frameworks and process best practices.
- Experience with some type of source control tools
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Proven Experience developing security capabilities such as Authentication, Authorization including Multi-factor and biometric, Federation, and Mobile security Strengths include:
- Experience developing distributed applications with database access, especially DB2, Oracle or LDAP Directory protocols.
- Experience in Developing and delivering security solutions using Identity and Access Management tools such as: CA Layer7, SiteMinder, or other Access Management tools.
- Identity lifecycle services, authentication and authorization, and security frameworks such as OAuth and SAML
- Experience and passion to work in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field; advanced degree preferred
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2018, 5:58:28 PM