American Express Careers
Commercial Credit Risk Specialist
This position will be part of the Italy Credit Risk Management team and will be responsible for managing the Commercial Net Loss Provision and ensuring effective execution of strategies and policies for both the SME and Corporate businesses reporting to the Commercial Risk Manager.
The Analyst will support the Risk Manager in assessing the key drivers in the credit trends, implementing risk-driven underwriting and portfolio strategies to profitably grow the billed business, improve the Customer experience and ensure Risk Management capabilities are aligned with the business strategy and strategic growth initiatives of the market, including the launch of new business practices, products and services, in close collaboration with external and internal partners, such as Compliance, Technology, Legal, Operations and Risk Management colleagues both in the Centers of Excellence then in the International markets.
The Analyst will have deep understanding of macro-economic and business environment with direct and indirect impact on business and risk management. He will monitor closely risk outcomes, the credit indicators for the SBS and Corporate portfolios and the implications on trends/forecasts and will develop a thorough understanding of the expected and unexpected credit losses in the business.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum 3/5 years' experience in the commercial lending industry in Credit Risk Management roles
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study
- Ability to handle large datasets using SAS, SQL or other programming knowledge
- is preferred
- Knowledge of Credit and Commercial Bureau data
- Understanding of the end-to-end credit lifecycle, as well as an in-depth understanding of credit metrics and processes, and P&L drivers
- Have a working understanding of all risk systems to do account analysis and observe trends to identify areas of weakness, and direct credit action strategy (knowledge of AXP Risk capabilities is a plus)
- Experience in using balance sheet, financial statement, bank statement, etc…in credit assessment
- Experience/Familiarity with credit risk system designs, emerging technologies such as Application Programming Interface (APIs), digital capability, etc.
- Strong project management and project execution skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills (fluent English is a must)
- Ability to build strong relationships, drive and influence within large cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a multinational environment with a wide range of people at all decision-making levels
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world – including Great Place to Work Italia’s Best Workplace amongst Large Companies ranking 1st in 2018 and Best Workplace for Millennials awards in 2017. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2018, 5:23:28 AM