American Express Careers
Manager, Consumer Risk Management
Why Risk Management?
Risk management decisions have a significant impact on the profitability of the business. That’s why we don’t guess, we trust the data, insight, analytics and abilities of the risk management team. We believe that knowing the risks is how you’ll make the right decisions for the future of our company and your career.
This is a Manager/Senior Manager role reporting into the Chief Credit Officer of the Nordics. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the Net Loss Provision by ensuring effective execution of strategies and policies for the consumer card businesses in the Nordics. This will require a good understanding drivers of the credit indicators for the consumer portfolio and the implications on trends/forecast and monitoring the true experience of customers in the market, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement and then working with partners to implement.
As a key member of our Risk Management team in Europe and in International, you will work closely with risk colleagues across the globe to learn and deploy best practices from other regions. You will implement risk-driven strategies to profitably grow billed business, reduce unnecessary point of sale disruptions, and improve the customer experience in close collaboration with central Risk teams that develop state of art decision science tools and risk capabilities. You will also work collaboratively with business partners such as digital acquisition, engagement, business development, operations, compliance etc. Given the strong business focus on digital, you’ll be working at the forefront of digital innovation to realize new strategies that drive customer acquisition and engagement.
This is both an exciting and rewarding role that offers a unique opportunity to gain experience across the risk life cycle and to interact with a wide range of business partners across all levels within the organization.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Advanced degree in business, finance, statistics, economics or mathematics or equivalent experience in a similar business is preferred
- Deep understanding /experience of risk management principles
- Experience in unsecured consumer lending or in the payments industry
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with strong thought leadership and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a dynamic, fast changing environment, with a strong attention to detail, communicate effectively and work well in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience in developing strategic insights leveraging data analytics will be preferred
- Fluency in Swedish and English is required
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. American Express is a global financial company with a footprint in all major markets in the world and offers an open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative environment at work. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from highly talented colleagues across the globe and pursue career opportunities across different functions and geographies.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2018, 5:06:10 AM