American Express Careers
Project Manager - Issue Management
- Operational Risk Events
- Corrective Actions
- Business & Client Support
- Project manager for Corrective Actions owned by Global Commercial Services
- Identify business process owner and project team
- Setup Kick-off Meeting and review Roles & Responsibilities with project team
- Determine detailed root cause
- Document Corrective Action Requirements & Obtain Sign-off
- Document & Maintain Project Plan
- Schedule and Facilitate project meetings
- Provide weekly status updates, including the identification and escalation of risks and issues
- Drive resolution of issues through cross-functional coordination and influence
- Meet key Corrective Action milestone timelines – 30 days to Stop Customer Impact; 90 days to Remediate / Implement Interim Risk Mitigation
- Implement sustainable solutions and controls as part of the Control Enhancement phase to eliminate issue reoccurrence
- Demonstrated ability of collaboration and building and leveraging effective relationships
- Demonstrated project management ability to drive projects to successful completion (on time, on budget, and high quality)
- Capable of applying critical thinking to solve problems in a structured way, and develop and/or implement solutions
- A background in credit card processing systems
- American Express experience
- Ability to function well in a matrixed environment and influence without direct authority
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure and meet tight deadlines, take initiative and act decisively
- Comfortable with ambiguity and unstructured problem solving
- Must be willing to work weekends and evenings if required to meet issue milestones
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2018, 9:35:16 AM