American Express Careers
Manager - Risk Management
- Designing, developing and implementing risk strategies and initiatives for the region to profitably grow billed business, while controlling net loss provision and improving client satisfaction.
- Effectively interacting and collaborating with colleagues from the central Risk Management organization, as well as Operations and Marketing teams to develop, enhance and implement approved credit strategies and processes.
- Deeply understanding and closely monitoring the key metrics of the credit performance for the portfolio and the implications on trends, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement and/or corrections.
- Running ad hoc analytics and conducting independent risk assessments across various processes to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues.
- Managing relationship with Credit bureaus including developing strategies leveraging bureau information as well as tracking and reacting to external influence on the portfolio performance.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with experience to lead and perform data analytics.
- Work experience with SAS/SQL required.
- Experience/Familiarity with Big Data is preferred
- Experience with cutting edge credit risk system designs and interfaces such as APIs, digital capability, etc. is a plus.
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred.
- Track record of driving results with strong thought leadership and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Deep understanding/experience of risk management principles with underwriting and customer management knowledge.
- Flexibility and ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive changes.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast changing environment and with a strong attention to details.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2018, 3:01:18 PM