American Express Careers
Director Sales Data Strategy & Insights, Global Commercial Services - EMEA Region
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
Director DS&I – GCS EMEA Region
The Director position within the Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) organization offers the opportunity to be part of this dynamic organization. The Director will play a critical role in developing growth strategies to increase performance and drive execution while working alongside senior leadership in the EMEA region. The Director is part of the EMEA GCS Executive Leadership team and has high visibility to senior Executives in the region.
The Director will provide consultative support to the EMEA region senior leadership through strategic analysis to highlight insightful trends that lead to actionable recommendations for future growth opportunities. The individual will lead a team of ten responsible for enhancing the business decision-making process and driving growth by providing insightful and analytical recommendations across the Sales and AD org’n, highlighting trends, risks and opportunities. The Director and the DS&I team are also responsible for creating organizational plan and targets and designing scorecards.
Supports global standardization efforts, develop and implement process improvements drive automation to gain efficiencies across core activities and functions. This role requires a seasoned leader to lead a team of ten onshore colleagues and also co-leading offshore colleagues.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Driving thought leadership on highly strategic business initiatives; identifying growth opportunities from data and insights to create a beneficial business outcome
- Consulting and collaborating with Sales and Account Development VPs and Directors, internal business partners (eg Finance, Product Dev, Pricing) and other SME’s to analyze and lead strategic business initiatives to drive performance and profitability improvements
- Set and manage Field Targets, Portfolios, and Scorecard design to drive motivated behavior from field teams and elevate the Customer experience
- Leading end-to-end change management initiatives to support long term business goal achievement and efficiency gains
- Oversee the creation of management reporting, data analysis, planning and performance measurement with automated solutions
- Lead continuous process improvement to transform processes and tools (training, capabilities, reporting, forecast, among others)
- Liaising with other DS&I regions to understand, share and implement best practices
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication and Build relationships: Superior ability to write structured and compelling messages addressed to various audiences/levels within the organization. Ability to view contrary perspectives, negotiate and gain agreement while building and maintaining relationships.
- Results Leadership: Ability to manage multiple and complex work streams and work across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes
- Experienced People Leader: Proven ability to attract, develop and lead a high performing and engaged team; ability to manage within a matrixed environment
- Ability to oversee a program that promotes issue identification and resolution; stakeholder management and alignment; incorporates risk mitigation planning/execution; and provides solutions to address business transformation, strategic alignment and culture change
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build alignment among customers and key stakeholders
- Self-starter and high level of accountability and able to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges
- Proven ability to take decisions and deliver results in a fast paced and highly matrixed environment
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated will-to-win and high personal excellence
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management tools (I.E. SFDC, other), as well as statistical software programming (I.E. SAS, SQL) or equivalent would be beneficial
- Significant experience of relevant work with a University Degree or equivalent
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2018, 10:47:48 AM