American Express Careers
Mgr/Sr Mgr - Credit Risk Management
As part of Global Risk, Banking, and Compliance, Commercial Credit Review is responsible for oversight of all risk rating and underwriting decisions made within the institutional portfolio at American Express globally. Credit exposures are primarily generated through corporate and small business card programs, via merchant service relationships where non-delivery risk exists, and among the securities portfolio held for firm-wide liquidity.
The candidate would be responsible for reviewing and challenging rating and underwriting decisions and must have strong experience making commercial credit and underwriting decisions in a financial institution. The candidate will have a strong understanding of fundamental analysis and should be familiar with macroeconomic and market trends. Familiarity with quantitative credit models is essential (e.g. Moody’s RiskCalc, Moody’s CreditEdge, S&P Credit Analytics, etc.).
- Develop strong and influential relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate leadership and executive presence to help senior management make informed decisions.
- Identify key strategic and/or regulatory issues for resolution with the senior management.
- Provide direction and counsel to key constituents on various issues in a changing regulatory environment.
- Assess the adherence to credit policies and procedures and verify compliance to laws and regulations related to commercial credit.
- Conduct in-depth forward looking analysis of corporate financial statements and determine a client’s ability to honor credit obligations.
- Minimum 5 years experience with a leading financial institution or rating agency.
- Experience in Loan Review or Credit Review is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university with high GPA required. Degree (or substantial coursework) in finance, accounting, economics, or statistics preferred.
- Graduate degree with a finance or business emphasis, or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, is preferred.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2018, 11:26:05 AM