American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager-US Customer Data Science & Analytics
This position is in the Enterprise Digital & Analytics – US Customer Marketing Analytics and Data Science team and is responsible for expanding and deepening relationships with customers and maximizing profitability for American Express through best-in-class analytics and data science. In this team, you will have the opportunity to perform strategic analytics that drive the core business strategy for inbound channels at American Express. You will perform strategic analyses to identify business opportunities, model customer behaviors to effectively target customers, and perform in-market test & learn to understand the effectiveness of key marketing initiatives throughout the customer lifecycle.
Key responsibilities would be to:
- Develop strong relationship with internal marketing partners to understand and help frame key business problems
- Build and explore customer datasets to provide context on the business problems being addressed
- Conduct strategic analyses or statistical/ML models to inform business decisions and provide actionable recommendations.
- Syntheses data visualization for presentation to key stakeholders
- Manage BAU campaign targeting, experimental design, results read, etc. across the entire US consumer portfolio
- Advanced degree in a Quantitative field with 2+ years of work experience leveraging analytics and data science to drive business results
- Strong quantitative skills with a solid understanding of probability and statistics
- Expertise in an analytical language (SAS, Python, R, or the equivalent), and experience with databases (Hive, SQL, or the equivalent)
- Prior experience working with very large datasets using Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, Spark, or the equivalent) or modeling experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to frame business problems into analytical problem, leverage external thinking and tools to deliver business insights
- Self-motivated and ability to work autonomously on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications and relationship building skills with an ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018, 9:55:04 PM