American Express Careers
Finance Analyst – Governance
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Global Deal
Implementation (GDI) Governance team based in Burgess Hill is part of the wider
Finance organisation at American Express. The team is responsible for
post-implementation financial control activities for Global Deals across
American express, working closely with internal stakeholders in Finance, Controllership,
Business Development, Marketing and Operations. You will be a member of a
fast-paced, dynamic team with a growth mind-set and a global outlook. The role
requires an individual who can bring together analytical and decision-making
skills on a daily basis and be able to build strong working relationships.
The incumbent’s primary responsibilities will include working closely with internal stakeholders to determine the appropriate outcome on partner contractual obligations, processing the relevant actions in a timely manner and ensure that any operational risks are identified and fully mitigated.
Post Implementation of financial elements from partner contracts including new partners, amendments and renewals
Ensure Global Deal Implementation work tools operate in line with the company’s IT standards for sensitive data
Identify and raise Risk Memos where appropriate and work with key stakeholders to drive closure in a timely manner
Undertake ongoing internal reviews of partner contracts to ensure compliance with financial terms
Support the Global Deal Implementation quarterly Process Risk Self-Assessment testing
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Finance or Business Management (or part-qualified accountant or equivalent)
- Experience working within finance and/or awareness of business financial dynamics and key profitability levers
- Process management experience, ideally gained in a financial environment
- Awareness of the American Express risk environment and relevant regulatory and competitive landscape e.g. Bank Holding company regulations, European Union Regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley
- Self-motivated, customer-oriented with the ability to confidently and professionally communicate at all levels within organisation and with partners e.g. able to present financial information clearly both internally and externally
- Attention to detail and an aptitude for analysing contract terms and complex data
- Experience in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel to an Intermediate level
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritise multiple tasks for a team under tight deadlines
- Well-honed interpersonal collaboration and influencing skills. Strong team player who can build and deepen relationships with business teams and other Finance functions
- An enthusiasm to continually learn (on-the-job training / development will be provided)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2018, 10:37:46 AM