American Express Careers
Credit Risk Manager
This position, based in Rome and reporting into the Country Risk Officer, will integrate in the local Risk Management team being mainly focused on Consumer (Charge and Lending Business), managing the Net Loss Provision and ensuring effective execution of strategies and policies. This primarily refers to understanding drivers of the credit indicators for the portfolio and the implications on trends/forecast and monitoring the true experience of customers in the market, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement - then working with partners to implement. The Manager is primarily responsible for assessing the key drivers in the credit trends and implementing risk-driven strategies to profitably grow billed business, reduce unnecessary POS disruptions, and improve the client experience etc in close collaboration with central Risk teams and business partners such as Credit, Operations and Compliance. The role offers a unique opportunity to gain experience across the risk life cycle and to interact with a wide range of business partners across all levels within the organization
- Knowledge of credit and commercial Bureau
- Technical Skills would encompass excellent Excel and PowerPoint, solid SAS knowledge or other statistical programming experience
- A deep understanding of risk management principles is a must
- Experience in the credit card lending business is strongly preferred
- Proven ability to manage, analyze, and interpret data leading to practical and effective business strategies
- Strong project management and project execution skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in Italian and English
- Strong communication skills, partnership and influencing abilities, and the creativity, motivation, and vision necessary to translate business strategies into reality
- Ability to motivate local as well as geographically diversified colleagues and business partners located in Rome, UK, US and India
- Scientific or economic degree
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world – including Great Place to Work Italia’s Best Workplace amongst Large Companies ranking 1st in 2018 and Best Workplace for Millennials awards in 2017. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2018, 8:56:05 AM