American Express Careers
Manager/Snr. Manager Travel Lifestyle Strategy And Execution
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle service networks. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides exclusive access, differentiated value, extraordinary service, and unrivalled expertise to Card Members seeking leisure or business travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services. We are seeking a Senior Manager, TLS Strategy and Execution with a strategic mind-set, passion for the customer and strong track record of driving change in complex operational environments.
As part of the TLS Global Customer Experience and Digital Platforms Team, this role will contribute to the strategic themes of:
- Unleashing new competitive advantages in customer experience powered by the Travel and Lifestyle servicing journeys of our premium (Centurion and Platinum) customers.
- Engagement and close collaboration with business partners across the Blue Box to ensure our respective roadmaps and priorities are closely aligned for effective execution within TLS.
This globally centralized team works with all TLS markets and their operational leadership teams as well as multiple Centres of Excellence (COEs) across the Blue Box in a highly matrixed environment. The ideal candidate is someone with top notch communication, collaboration and project execution skills as well as a natural “one-team” mind-set.
- Lead key projects linked to TLS strategic priorities and those of our Blue-Box partners’ roadmaps focusing on the topic of customer experience transformation within TLS.
- Create and/or contribute to the development of strategic business cases and deliver strategy presentations outlining challenges/opportunities and robust execution plans.
- Coordinate, plan, and execute all aspects of projects, including concept development, planning, analysis and coordination of project activities led by other teams.
- Ensure strict adherence to project governance standards and ensure that legal and regulatory controls are consistently incorporated into project delivery.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of TLS local market Process, People and Platform developments to help build credibility in influencing changes driven by strategic big bets.
- Effectively communicate verbal or written project updates to all members of the project team and business partners, including project plans, status reports, risk assessments, business requirements, implementation reviews and project presentations.
- Collaborate with central Product and Benefits teams to help define customer value propositions by serving as a source of TLS customer and operational insights.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to translate customer insights into compelling strategies
- Experience establishing and having strategic oversight for multiple projects
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence teams across the Blue Box
- Proven experience in strategy development and project delivery in a multi-market/multi-project environment
- Creative, analytical and results-oriented with ability to develop/convey ideas, and influence decisions
- Outstanding organisation and attention to detail
- Ability to create clear and concise communications for effective international program management
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships and drive effective collaboration
- Ability to adapt to change, comfortable with ambiguity and handling pressure to meet deadlines
- Significant project management experience - formal qualification a plus (PRINCE2, PMP)
- Knowledge of TLS is desired but not essential
- Post graduate degree a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018, 3:45:32 AM