American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager, US Consumer Lending, Product Alignment
Growing consumer lending and specifically winning share from our existing customers is a top priority as American Express mobilizes to drive long-term growth and diversify revenue mix under the premium spend-focused business model. The Global Consumer Lending organization leads this mandate, with the mission of serving our customers’ evolving buying and paying needs through compelling solutions and frictionless experiences.
The US Consumer Lending Customer Management team plays a critical role in developing and adjusting strategies to drive growth and build margin resilience from our existing customers. The team is also responsible for leveraging quantitative and qualitative analytics to deliver actionable insights and shepherd end-to-end execution for select strategic initiatives with close partnerships across various cross-functional stakeholders.
Within the Customer Management team, the Product Alignment & Pricing team plays a critical role in enabling the innovation and delivery of this vision. This position will be responsible for deepening Cardmember spend and lend engagement by providing the right product through product transfer, cross-sell and upgrade. Further, this role will work with the team to identify new opportunities and help lead the launch of new treatments and marketing channels. This role will lead cross-functional working teams and partner closely with diverse partners – finance, pricing, risk, product, marketing, tech, legal and compliance – to develop new product transfer treatments and enhance existing treatments.
- Develop strategies to drive increased Cardmember lend across products through either known or new treatments
- Collaborate with partners across American Express to identify, test, and build program enhancements including targeting and segmentation, offer testing, channel reach, contact strategy, creative positioning, enrollment journeys, and reinforcement strategies
- Work with tech and marketing to develop and launch new customer experiences and marketing channels for lending treatments to deliver best-in-class seamless customer experiences
- Partner with marketing to evolve positioning to ensure our messages across channels are relevant and compelling
- Identify customer pain points and develop next gen treatment strategies to address customer emerging customer needs
- Form effective linkages with business partners in different functional areas including Marketing, Risk, Finance, Legal / Compliance, Public Relations, & Servicing
- Strong customer mindset and understanding of customer behavior
- Understanding of customer treatments, user experience, and lending economics
- Big picture thinker who can develop a vision linked to organizational goals, but also execute on the details
- Solid project management and organizational skills including attention to detail, handling multiple priorities, managing tight timelines, driving flawless execution
- Proven ability to build and leverage relationships in order to influence partners across multiple work streams
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Positive, self-starter with a thirst to challenge the status quo and innovate to exceed goals
- Desire to join a high-profile, results-oriented and dynamic team
- 5+ years product management or other related experience; financial services industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2018, 10:53:27 AM