American Express Careers
Director - Program Management
The Global Services Group Technology organization is a well-integrated team that is driving a best-in class servicing experience for customers and colleagues. As customer is front and center in our strategies and decisions, the Global Services Group Technology (GSGT) is on its journey to drive transformation and innovation for customers across their journeys and touch points. This is a great opportunity to join GSGT within American Express Technologies and be part of driving an effective engineering culture across the technology team.
This position will play a critical role in providing governance and oversight to the Technology people strategy, talent engagement, building and strengthening diverse engineering talent across the technology team in India. The position will deliver on several initiatives which are critical for effectively managing the evolving organization of 600+ employees which will significantly grow over the next couple of years.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage the colleague engagement of 600+ members across the Technology organization in India including Gurgaon and Bangalore – this includes learning and career development initiatives, employee retention, diversity and inclusion initiatives, town halls and other employee events.
• Lead the talent development agenda and driving engineering culture across the technology organization
• Partner with BU Communications and PA&C team and take accountability to enhance Technology brand both internally and in the external community.
• Identify opportunities, promote Technology leaders thought leadership and manage participation in external industry analytics events and conferences.
• Support the technology talent strategy to attract and select the top talent by partnering with Talent Acquisition team for end-to-end campus recruitment planning, proactive talent pipelining, develop alternate sourcing channels and engage with qualified talent pool.
• Liaise and partner with technology HR Business Partner, Market HR team and Recruitment and Global Technology People Strategy Team to facilitate talent growth and development.
• Lead special cross-functional projects and drive new business improvement opportunities, in partnership with other teams.
• Ensure that the teams within Technology are collaborating in an effective manner – in terms of sharing of information and best practices.
Qualifications• Management degree with 8+ years of experience in program management and driving change management initiatives across cross functional teams
• Experience in talent management and driving culture change in a large technology organization would be preferred
• Ability to drive results, effective communication and partnership skills are critical to this role
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to interact with and present to senior most leaders in the organization
• Willingness to travel extensively with the leader while managing BAU priorities
• Flexibility and ability to remain calm under pressure- should be able to handle multiple assignments, under tight deadlines, and a sometimes-ambiguous environment
• Ability to influence without authority- be able to lead and manage people who do not have a direct reporting relationship
• Entrepreneurial skills – able to provide structure and create specific opportunities from strategic ideas.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Location - Gurgaon/Bangalore
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2018, 12:01:17 AM