American Express Careers
- Develops the program strategy and the various enterprise-wide high-level project plans and ensures that scope and approach are fully understood by all stakeholders
- Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on objectives
- Identifies and tracks key milestones and recommend adjustments to cross-functional team plans
- Ensures accurate reflection of project/program budgets, forecasts and actuals within project and program management tools
- Monitors and communicates the progress of the project or program delivery and ensures timely and effective communication of the status in terms of cost, forecast, schedule and assessment of risks/issues
- Negotiates and influences cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate resourcing levels are engaged and maintained throughout the execution of the plan
- Pro-actively anticipates program/project risks and issues and ensures that appropriate mitigation planning is in place to avoid compromising delivery
- Ensures effective usage of change control procedures and processes to maintain control on scope, schedule and cost
- Contributes to continual process improvement or re-engineering activities
- Communicates with key stakeholders with regard to program strategy direction and changes
Are you up for the challenge?
- Maximum of 10 years of total experience in IT industry with at least 5+ years of experience in project management specifically financial acumen in terms of representing project financials within PPM tools
- Experience in leading multiple projects through the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile development methodology
- 5+ years of experience using the SDLC Project Management Tool is a plus
- Strong communication and collaborative skills, with the ability to work effectively with technology and business team members
- Certification preferred: PMI or equivalent Project Management certification (e.g. Certified Associate in Project Management, Certified Project Management Practitioner, International Project Management Association)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Extensive business/industry work experience, with proven experience in a leadership role and project management role
- English is must and additional language skills in Chinese – Cantonese, Mandarin, Japan will be a plus.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2018, 1:40:58 AM