American Express Careers
Programmer Analyst - Global Commercial Platforms , Enterprise Digital Analytics
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The Global Commercial Platforms team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA), is focused on building best in class Commercial Data Platform and Capabilities to enable high quality interactions with our end customer and deliver on GCS strategic priorities. This exciting position will be responsible for implementation of Commercial data in the Commercial Organized Data Layer (CODL) in Cornerstone, Amex’s Big Data environment. This role provides the opportunity to work closely with partners from multiple Business Units to prioritize, define, develop and test the data for various use cases such as Commercial Insights, Performance Analytics, Customer Analytics, Marketing Analytics, and Global Business Services etc.
• Accountable for Commercial Data in Amex’s Big Data environment that is utilized by batch/ real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Machine Learning) to deliver innovative solutions across multiple lines of business
• Develop understanding of Card & Non-Card Data in Commercial, Analytical processes and leveraging the same to define and transform the data in Cornerstone
• Collaborate and gather data requirements from various teams like Global Commercial Services, Global Business Services, Marketing, Risk and Capabilities etc. in a structured and organized manner and work with AET to identify appropriate solutions and timelines
• Research, understand requirements, analyze data, create a structure for data enablement in Big Data environment
• Prioritize, set up timelines, and explain the development process to Business partners
• Identify and implement opportunities to enhance data availability, process efficiency through increased standardization and automation in order to reduce manual effort
• Ensure the Commercial ODL as a product is fully functional and if required bring Amex Technical Team and Cornerstone Production team together to solve issues
• Track status, provide reporting metrics in a timely manner on the development team’s progress
• Develop training materials for CODL to deliver CODL training as part of an overall Big Data and Commercial data training program
• 2-3 years of experience in data programming and applications systems design and architecture on Hive, Map Reduce and good exposure to Python is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience. An advanced degree in IT or Business is preferred.
• Functions as a core member of an Agile team driving User story analysis & elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing & builds automation tools; Knowledge of Agile Product Development methodology is preferred.
• Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl
• Object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages Java, Big Data Components/ Frameworks (Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Ozie, Avro etc) and other AJAX tools/ Frameworks
• Good understanding of AXP Card & Non-Card, Payments Industry, analytics data and platforms.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a tremendous will to win.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills, Multitasking, and Thought-leadership skills with the ability to influence cross-functional teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, capacity to articulate effective actions based on Business need and profile and relationship building experience
• Time & workload management skills including prioritizing and responding promptly to business.
• Willingness to work Flexible shift hours.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2018, 6:47:31 AM