American Express Careers
Vice President, Head Of Partner Business Solutions JAPA
This position is responsible for leading our partner business solutions teams across Asia.
This individual will be responsible for the end to end ownership of operational partner relations across our Asia Global Network Partnerships (GNP) markets. This will involve working with existing partners as they expand their capabilities as well as implementing new partnerships signed by business development to grow the American Express franchise, onboarding and connecting new acquirers and issuers.
The successful candidate will accelerate new capability implementations, where relevant per our roadmaps, and evolve customer experience across the region. He/she will develop and implement plans to deliver: improved operational and partner servicing performance, meet business excellence metrics and support incremental business metrics by operational enablement. The individual will lead a team of experienced Business Solution professionals located across the Asia region; and partner closely with the regional Global Network Services (GNS) teams, Global Network Operations (GNO) and Enterprise Center Of Excellence (CoEs).
Key responsibilities will include:
Driving Business Results:
• Ensure simple and efficient implementation of all new capabilities, including: new products and digital wallets; and new capability in QR, Contactless and Safekey.
• Guarantee business excellence by being Regional lead with Compliance and Audit across Partner annual audits, Amex annual audits and process improvements.
• Develop requirements for network enhancements, including fraud, disputes and policy liaison.
• Accountability for delivering across all key business metrics for region, including improving operational and partner servicing performance, meeting business excellence metrics, driving out bad demand, implementing projects on time/budget and speed of resolving partner issues.
• Manage an experienced team, situated across the region supporting their professional development and their ability to deliver against their targets.
• Develop strategic relationships with key decision makers and influencers within regional bank partners, GNO, Digital Labs, Global Servicing Network (GSN) and Technology, as well as working in lock step with the regional and central GNP teams, including other Partner Business Solutions (PBS) regional teams.
• Develop strong collaborative relationships with internal colleagues and successfully deliver results in a matrix organisation.
• Strong customer focus with a growth mindset and determination to succeed.
• First class project management skills; ability to manage and see delivery of complex technical projects through to an end.
• Ability to delve into the technical aspects of the role as required.
• Partner-facing experience in the region preferred.
• People leadership experience across a diverse set of geographies and strong endorsement from his/her team as a team leader.
• Superb strategic thinker, able to convert business solution and capability strategy into clear, actionable delivery plans. Proven record of strategy and roadmap delivery resulting in transformative outcomes.
• Proven relationship skills to interact and exert influence at all levels across partner organizations (to C-Level) and within Amex.
• Ability to successfully navigate highly matrixed organisations.
• Operates well in ambiguity. Creates clarity during times of change.
• Highly resilient, with an ability to drive results in challenging business environment whilst thriving on change.
• Excellent Card industry (Issuing and Acquiring) and external, local market payment and operational trends and competitive landscape knowledge.
• Strong commercial acumen and card economics knowledge.
• Uses understanding of cultural differences to influence actions and decisions.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to create and deliver persuasive high impact presentations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018" .
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2018, 1:55:54 AM