American Express Careers
Analyst, Global Operational Excellence
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides easy access and extraordinary service for Card Members seeking leisure or business travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services.
TLS serves both premium and non-premium Card Members around the world in numerous ways via several servicing channels including our telephone service centers and market specific travel websites.
TLS has a great opportunity to drive operational excellence globally, sharing best practices across markets. To enable this, TLS created a central team to ensure TLS processes meet/exceed compliance and operational risk requirements. Global Operational Excellence is an exciting team within TLS that is focused on identifying opportunities and mitigating risks associated with the TLS business globally.
The Analyst, Global Operational Excellence will support key partners in Compliance, GCO, Operational Risk, and the TLS business to meet compliance and regulatory requirements through process evaluation and optimization. This role will report into the Senior Manager – Global Operational Excellence.
- Manage TLS Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) ensuring that all milestones are met by designated due dates and all required documentation is submitted and approved by Compliance and the Bank
- Identify opportunities to improve internal controls, compliance, risk, and regulatory adherence. Drive process changes to enhance controls and efficiencies within the Call Center environment and provide support with the implementation of Compliance policies and procedures
- Execute Business Self Testing and ensure test results are accurate and properly documented. Mitigate identified control weaknesses by partnering with TLS leaders and Central teams, to create and implement appropriate action plans to close gaps
- Develop key process improvements, reporting, and executable business solutions to address identified gaps, including Process Risk Self-Assessment (PRSA) test development
- Act as point of contact for Intl TLS ensuring queries and general questions are addressed or decision makers engaged in a timely manner
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Must be located in Brighton, UK.
- Strong verbal and written communication, relationship and influencing skills, proven experience in audit, compliance or business-facing Quality team.
- Understanding of the TLS business unit and/or regulatory environment
- Expertise in end-to-end process mapping/testing skills, with ability to identify potential control, compliance, and/or process gaps
- Two years of demonstrable project management experience with proven ability to drive results
- Adaptable and comfortable working under ambiguous and/or changing circumstances
- Ability to collect, analyze and manage performance metrics effectively in order to drive business strategy and report results
- Proficiency on Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2018, 9:47:03 AM