American Express Careers
Business Analyst - Workforce Planning
The Global Optimization & Call Management (GOCM) Team’s vision is to be “A World Class, Global, Short-Term Planning & Real-Time Management Team enabling Relationship Care® through Resource Optimization & Abandon Rate Consistency”.
As a member of the GOCM team you will work with network leadership and local market team members as part of the Global Center of Excellence supporting the Global Service Network (GSN). The GOCM Analyst works as part of a team focused on executing the Real-Time Management strategy for the Network while providing global system support. The GOCM Analyst must demonstrate strong collaboration and partnership with multiple functional teams including Contact Center Leadership, Technologies, Call Delivery, Vendor Partners, Finance, Marketing, various Centers of Excellence and Planning communities across the globe.
Success in the role is measured by contribution to on target delivery of Operational Excellence metrics (e.g. Customer Handling Time), Abandon Rate Consistency, Availability/Shrinkage Optimization, Forecast Accuracy, Voice of the Customer survey results, and Schedule & Operational Effectiveness
The GOCM Business Analyst will:
- Schedule and execute short term planning initiatives while minimizing impact on site level shrinkage.
- Negotiate with key Business Partners when during the planning of the phone activities in order to ensure the center is adequately staffed at all times to service customers.
- Ensure accurate, up-to-date employee data is maintained in Aspect (eWFM).
- Review the prior day’s performance against forecast analyzing the issues and impact on Service Level and Abandon Rates and provide suggestions on improved performance.
- Partner with the GBI, CCM, Marketing and World Service local market teams to identify and prepare for marketing activity/plans and projects that influence call volume forecast and resource plans.
- Ensure daily and month to date performance (Calls, Customer Handling Time (CHT) and Staffing) is analyzed and recommendations provided to achieve departmental goals.
- Approve and schedule CCPs’ out of building exceptions including Paid Time Off (Vacation) and In Building Off-Phone activities (e.g. Coaching, Meetings, Training etc.).
- Participate in and/or chair routine operational meetings hosted by the GOCM Team with Operations Leaders and other Centers of Excellence in attendance in order to agree decisions and actions designed to drive operational goals.
- Participate in the execution of the Abandon Rate Consistency Plans (including Business Continuity Plans).
- Administer ongoing business reporting in order to ensure all information is accurate and provided in a timely manner: Including integrity of data in key MIS systems such as Compass, Opera etc.
- Identify opportunities to improve and automate reporting.
- Assist with Call Center Management initiatives (e.g. delivering workshops, training and ongoing organizational education).
12 months or more experience using Workforce Management tools (preferably Aspect eWFM, Empower) with a focus on scheduling, forecasting, shrinkage data, and live IDPs analysis.
- 12 months or more experience in a Contact Center Operations environment.
- Proficiency in report exporting and manipulation as well as dashboard creation.
- Strong PC skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs.
- Ability to successfully balance high workload demands, quality and performance on a consistent basis.
- Ability to make quick decisions about contact center dynamics and to take risks as necessary.
- Ability to communicate and influence people at senior levels effectively and without conflict.
- Gain trust, build relationships and influence GSN leadership teams to foster true partnership.
- Understand and shape the key strategies of the business and translate these into day-to-day operational and production management activities.
- Work with the business, marketing & project teams to ensure relevant information is obtained for new products and projects that impact call volume, CHT, Availability and staffing levels in order to put relevant plans in place.
- Authorize changes to employee working schedules and annual leave booking in order to balance business needs and employee engagement.
- Ability to work across geographic borders as part of a virtual team.
- ACD experience (preferably Avaya CMS) with proficiency in manual skill changes, agent reports, agent traces, live call flows.
- Aspect eWFM experience.
- Ability to explain the drivers of “net staffing”, their current tracking, calculating their forecasted trends.
- Knowledge of how to influence the drivers of “net staffing” and which levers to pull and when in a real time environment.
- Ability to explain key call center planning principles: The Power of One, Economies of Scale, Dynamics of abandoned calls, Laws of Diminishing Returns, Shrinkage factors, Call arrival patterns e.g. Day of week factors, bank holiday impacts and seasonality.
- Understanding of the Contact Center Planning Cycle.
- Ability to work under pressure; able to manage multiple tasks and changing demands with minimum supervision.
- Strength in accuracy & attention to detail in a high output & speed environment.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills – demonstrating thought leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and nurture shared ownership in process/project and business goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2018, 8:16:14 AM