Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and World Service in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. As one of the top areas of focus for American Express – B2B is the largest growth opportunity for GMS in the US.
A key business priority is to more efficiently and effectively educate and connect Business Card Members to B2B Merchants across scalable digital channels – and make Merchants aware of this associated value. This position will play a critical role in driving this digital growth. As the Analyst of B2B Marketing, you will own 2 critical functions – analyzing performance results and internal/external insights to develop recommendations to drive growth across multi-channel campaigns and enabling the communication of this associated value back to Merchants.
Specific Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Analyze multi-channel performance and make recommendations to increase growth – drawing out key insights and opportunities.
- Create / evolve marketing creative assets and execute marketing campaigns (e.g. email, direct mail, banner ads, etc.)
- Ensure the appropriate merchants are included in the pool to be recommended to Business Card Members and enable communication back to Client Management
- Enhance B2B knowledge share across American Express with and on behalf of the team, including cross-functional forum, marketing playbook, etc.
- Prepare and deliver high quality client presentations and internal executive updates.
- Conduct external competitive research and benchmarking that will drive the ideation and support of new transformation initiatives.
- Comfortable with analyzing data, with the ability to translate complex business results or events into insights and make recommendations for leadership action
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with ability to storyboard presentations
- Organized, highly detail-oriented individual who is comfortable navigating complex processes to deliver on tight timelines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, own projects from end-to-end, and lead various stakeholder groups to drive operational excellence
- Positive attitude, flexible/adaptable to change, and sense of humor
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2018, 12:42:34 PM