American Express Careers
Director, Global Network Services – Customer Platforms and Capabilities
The Director of GNS Customer Platforms and Capabilities will be responsible for bringing the best of the American Express network to customers around the world. The incumbent will, in concert with the relevant COEs, develop, execute and manage the enterprise strategy for unlocking scalable capabilities and platforms that help us drive differentiation in market, with a particular focus on digital customer experience. GNS operates across all regions in an effort to drive scale and relevance for the American Express Brand in markets around the world. The incumbent will lead a team that ensures we bring a consistent, digital first, world-class approach to the way network customers engage with the benefits of being a customer on the American Express Network and ensure that our partner products and experiences are enabled to deliver on this promise.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic thought leadership and expertise to inform a best in class digital experience for customers interacting with the value that the American Express Network delivers for partners including benefits like Registered Card, Amex Offers, Access Platforms and emerging capabilities
- Manage all existing capability and platform roadmaps for the GNS business in collaboration with the Enterprise Digital and AET teams (ie: Registered Card expansion and upgrade, Amex Offers API integrations)
- Work closely with the Products and Benefits and Enterprise Digital Centers of Excellence to ensure collaboration and alignment on the delivery of new network benefits, including the oversight of our strategy to deliver content to partner environments through APIs or new capabilities.
- Support the EDA team with the oversight and management of country sites to ensure a globally consistent experience.
- Work closely with the Amex Labs team to ensure the exploration and application of new technologies to our network business and to inform pilot opportunities to extend and commercialize capabilities like Mezi across our partner base
- Develop, with the GMS marketing team, the Amex Offers and Recommendations approach and launch plan across partner markets
- Manage existing network marketing platforms with a focus on evaluating and developing the global Amex network platform strategy to deliver value to merchants, acquirers and customers across our network markets in a global, scalable and efficient manner (ie: Connect, Live the World etc.)
- Develop strategic relationships with key decision makers and influencers within bank partners, regions/market Business Development Leaders; GABM; global products & benefits; enterprise digital and analytics; digital labs; and Global Merchant Services (GMS).
- Develop strong relationships with internal colleagues and successfully deliver results in a matrixed organisation.
- Passionate customer focus with a growth mind-set and determination to succeed.
- Manage a team, potentially situated across a range of regional locations, supporting their professional development and their ability to deliver against their targets.
- Superb strategic thinker, able to convert strategy into clear, actionable marketing tactics. Strong, prior experience developing innovative strategies and executing against roadmaps.
- First class relationship skills to interact at all levels across partner organizations (to C-Level) and within Amex.
- Well-rounded product and marketing experience with a strong comfort level with tech-related initiatives
- Highly resilient, with an ability to drive results in challenging business environment whilst thriving on change and creating clarity.
- Excellent external, local market trends and competitive landscape knowledge.
- Uses understanding of cultural differences to influence actions and decisions.
- Highly analytical with an ability to clearly communicate complex issues.
- Excellent leadership, influencing skills, interpersonal skills and relationship management skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, ability to manage and see delivery of complex projects through to an end.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to create and deliver persuasive high impact presentations.
- Able to lead internal and external resources to deliver against key initiative
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 11:06:26 AM