Manager Account Development
Large Market – Account Development - Western Canada:
American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
American Express Canada was recently acknowledged as a Top 3 Employer – 2018 Indeed Canada Survey.
This position is responsible for the profitable management, profitable growth, Cross-Sell, retention and entrenchment within a Large Market set of Accounts.
This Western Canada Team role is based in Vancouver BC and area – and is part of Large Market Account Development - Global Corporate Services within AMEX Canada.
Portfolio tools include Commercial Card products, Working Capital products, support and program management tools and data analytic tools and resources.
- Retain and grow a defined base of existing managed accounts against a growth and diagnostic scorecard
- Develop a strategic and long-term approach to account planning, provide value added strategy consultation to meet customer and Amex needs i.e. ROI value analysis, process re-engineering, program management, cost containment, mandated programs, cost-benefit analysis, supplier and payments strategies.
- Maintain/grow customer satisfaction through entrenchment of Value Proposition and expanded contact base within senior levels within portfolio
- Fully penetrate existing program opportunities while uncovering new opportunities to drive growth/profitability.
- Collaborate with colleague resources such as Business Development, International partners and Merchant Services to drive growth and portfolio coverage.
- Align with primary customer contact to keep up-to-date on industry trends, technology developments. Develop a broader relationship footprint within the managed account.
- Gain / sustain customer support for American Express offerings, technical/interactive products
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 5+ years of proven business to business consulting or account management or sales experience working with large/ multinational accounts within Financial Services, Procurement or Travel.
- University/College graduate or equivalent combination of education and business experience.
- Financial process/Treasury/procurement experience is an asset
- Experience in key sectors such as Retail, Insurance, Commercial Banking and Lending, Resources, Agriculture and Tech – is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a Home Office environment is an asset.
- FinTech experience and/or understanding as asset
- Proven record of performance against financial and numeric targets
- Strong analytical skills, and financial acumen; ability to perform cost benefit analyses
- Proven track record of presenting to C Level executives
- Ability to network through complex organizational structures to uncover customer product and process improvement opportunities; work through global partnerships to share information and best practices.
- Demonstrates big-picture, strategic and long-term thinking abilities; can manage through dichotomy and create linkages for customers and Amex goals. Uses knowledge of industry/competition to demonstrate Amex’ competitive advantage
- Utilizes consultative selling process to present customer needs-oriented solutions and exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrates tenacity and adaptability to navigate complexity and roadblocks
- History of over-achieving on challenging goals, redefining standards of excellence and taking calculated risks
- Manages time and priorities. Ability to manage complex projects, influencing without authority
- Leverages strong internal and external partnerships to solve for innovative and out-of-pattern customer needs
- Strong at developing and delivering key messages to executive audience through verbal and written communication
- Excels at complex presentations using multiple formats
- Demonstrated pursuit of on-going learning and development
- Challenger Model Training is asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel to meet the requirements of the role
-Strong relationship management techniques and follow-up skills:
-Strong strategic and thought leadership skills which will enable design of sales strategies and execution.
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it. American Express Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2018, 7:54:50 AM