American Express Careers
Analyst / Sr. Analyst
- Analyst/Sr. Analyst
– CFR (Credit & Fraud Risk) Operational Excellence
The Operational Excellence team is part of the CFR-wide (Credit & Fraud Risk) first line of defense with respect to operational risk. Analyst in this team will be responsible for implementation of strategies to maintaining an effective and efficient control environment.
The incumbent will also be required to respond to operational breakdowns with high level of urgency and discipline collaborating with key partners in Compliance, Legal, Operational Risk and the CFR business. Delivering on process efficiency by streamlining the existing Operational Risk processes through automation will be a key ask in the role.
The position also requires the incumbent to self-drive technical projects with the sole aim of mitigating operational risk in the processes. The person will be responsible for technically driving out the closure of Remediation activities during operational breakdown.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform effective root cause analysis to identify control gaps and recommend appropriate corrective course of action.
• Partner with teams across geographies and functional areas to ensure timely closure of various milestones related to operational risk events
• Assessment and enhancement of risks controls for adequacy and effectiveness.
• Thorough end to end periodical execution of tests pertaining to Process Risk Self Assessments (PRSAs) to ensure control effectiveness and identify process gaps.
• Perform data analysis to identify patterns and trends on process/control gap opportunities.
• Actively monitor trends of operational risk events and report to leadership.
• Manage & execute card member remediation activities during operational risk breakdown.
• Drive process efficiency by enhancing the existing technical processes.
• Generate new business ideas on mitigating operational risk by bringing in ‘Out of box’ thinking and convert those business ideas into executable technical solutions.
• Strong problem solving skills combined with attention to details and analytical ability
• Prior experience in traditional credit risk management environment will be added advantage
• Hands on experience in SAS/SQL, HIVE, PySpark, etc. programming languages
• Exposure to reporting tools like Tableau, etc would be added advantage.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work with partners across geographies.
• Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
• Quantitative educational background / experience
Advanced degree in statistics, econometrics, operations research, mathematics, computer programming, data science, engineering, or a related quantitative field of study .
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018, 2:11:57 PM