American Express Careers
Business Analyst I
Global Certification Services (GCS) is part of American Express’ Global Network Operations. The team’s main responsibilities are: customer setups on AXP internal systems, establishing connectivity between customers and the AXP network, host authorizations and submissions certification as well as POS terminal certification. Our main customers are merchants, processors, network issuers and acquirers. The GCS mission is to ensure our business partners are able to successfully transact with the American Express Network, according to the AXP specifications, rules, and regulations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The GCS analysts are responsible for ensuring that customers can successfully connect and transact with the American Express network flawlessly. The successful candidate will be responsible for building relationships with internal and external customers, managing projects supporting the installation of network connectivity, and implementation of authorization and submission solutions in production, enabling card acceptance.
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to translate technical details to non-technical business partners
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to organize, document, and follow tasks through to completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships, cooperate, and collaborate among various business units
- Knowledge of the payments industry, including, but not limited to EMV, contactless payments (ExpressPay), SafeKey, point of sale terminals
- Knowledge of AMEX authorization and/or submissions processing and connectivity methods
- Tremendous will to win and work ethic
- Familiarity with authorization messages and submission file formats (ISO, GCAG, GFSG)
- Knowledge of telecommunication and networking components of the AXP network, including: TCP/IP & FTP, router capabilities, VPN and MPLS a plus
- Familiarity with the AMEX payment platforms and processes
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2018, 11:32:38 AM