American Express Careers
Agile Scrum Master
- Plan out each Program Increment (PI) in partnership with stakeholder TPMs and Product Owners, aligning across multiple scrum teams on the objectives and deliverables of the PI.
- Monitor and track progress against PI plans in partnership with Product team to ensure that the Release Train stays on track.
- Manages integrated teams to deliver Technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with Product Owners, Technical Project Managers, Architects, Engineers and Quality Assurance.
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints/iterations across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties.
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines.
- Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan and execute the development schedule for major product releases.
- Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports and assigns development resources to activities and monitors performance across resource channels.
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third-parties.
- Manages and escalates risks, issues and changes tied to the product development initiatives.
- Understands when to escalate issues versus work through issues within the team.
- Removes roadblocks to enable Engineers make effective progress through sprint cycles.
- Ensures deliverables across Engineering teams are high quality, clearly documented, and compliant.
- Maintains adherence to Agile ceremonies, including daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint to ensure that the team is continuously learning and improving.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
This high energy Technical Project Manager must have:
- Proven Technical Project Management / Technical Development experience.
- A deep understanding of all aspects of Software Design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility.
- Strong Coding experience, ability to get into the Code and drive to solutions.
- Experience of delivering web based applications using a broad range of technologies including Java, Spring, Angular JS and React.
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver Technology solutions on time, on budget and to spec.
- Experience managing project budgets, resources planning/management and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate across 3rd parties, Technical and Business Product Managers.
- Strong People Leader and Relationship Manager.
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively.
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and through innovation.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
- SAFe Agilist who can live and breathe Scrum and act as a mentor and Agile coach to Scrum teams
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018, 3:05:56 AM