American Express Careers
Global Diversity & Inclusion Manager Assistant, Human Resources
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
This position reports to the Chief Diversity Officer (CDO), based in our London Head Office, and is responsible for developing, managing, and implementing Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) human capital strategies. The incumbent will own the execution of key D&I processes well as lead and manage strategic projects across the businesses.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with the CDO and team to develop, drive and deliver the enterprise strategy for Global D&I
- Managing the execution of HR operational processes ensuring timely completion of deliverables – including budgeting and expense management
- Managing and coordinating multiple project work streams across various disciplines/stakeholders, including tracking key activities and milestones, managing deliverables to deadlines, integrating activities across work streams, and mitigating project risks and concerns as appropriate
- Creating and managing HR infrastructure and reporting requirements in conjunction with Center of Excellence and other team resources
- Supporting the management of the VP office in a team environment (e.g. team meetings, strategic planning, market visits, external engagements)
Extended responsibilities include:
- Partnering with external organizations to ensure effective delivery of D&I products and services
- Working with HR partners across various functions (i.e. Talent and Careers, Recruitment, Leadership and Learning) and drive holistic sustainable solutions
The incumbent will also own delivery of strategic projects as assigned, working directly with global HR and line of business partners.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Opening date: 17/10/2018
Closing date: 14/11/2018
- BA degree – essential
- Experience in HR or consulting, essential, must have an understanding of D&I best practices and demonstrated success in executing D&I strategies
- Experience developing and preparing executive level presentations – for use both internally and externally
- Strong understanding of talent lifecycle and the applicability of D&I practices to talent and business strategies
- Strong project management and research skills to steer multiple priorities across various stakeholders in a rapidly changing environment.
- Skilled in analyzing, synthesizing and presenting data in a simple, business-focused presentation format
- Advanced PC skills, with specific abilities in Excel, PowerPoint and HR IS (Oracle, PeopleSoft, CHRIS Plus, Workday and Tableau)
- Experience working in a global, matrix organization with the ability to effectively partner with senior leadership, up to c-suite level
- Demonstrated experience with operational support activities – including business planning, expense management and budgeting
- Sharp attention to detail and desire to deliver premium quality work product
- Proven ability to build and leverage relationships to collaboratively drive results in support of business objectives
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills
- Demonstrates subject matter knowledge and critical thinking about HR related disciplines and D&I practices
- Excellent time management skills required including ability to prioritize and multi-task and handle time-sensitive deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Capable of establishing trust and followership across peer group and other key stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative and work within ambiguous situations.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with minimal direction
- Willingness and capability to express opinions openly in order to achieve the right outcome, even when others might disagree
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2018, 4:26:35 AM