American Express Careers
Director – U.S. Commercial Acquisition Group
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with commercial clients to help them manage travel expenses and make large purchases through Amex proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools.
The Commercial Acquisition Group (CAG) is a 300+ and growing organization responsible for the acquisition and development of our highest potential small business customers. The successful incumbent will ensure sales targets and production metrics are achieved across the team through continuous coaching and development. Candidates should have demonstrated leadership ability including development planning and coaching of employees to drive results in an outbound prospecting cold call environment. The ability to identify and communicate successful sales strategies, share best practices across team and broader organization is critical.
- Ensure aggressive sales performance results are achieved monthly, and annually.
- Drive, and attain performance results with strict conformance to internal governance and compliance standards.
- Recruit, develop, coach and retain exceptional talent within remit to ensure execution of aforementioned objectives.
- Develop exceptional relationships across multi-faceted internal stakeholders, and thought partners.
- Understand the competitive commercial landscape and market trends, and how our products and strategies need to evolve to ensure marketplace advantage.
- Develop data driven strategies which position team, consultants and organization for success.
- Understand and effectively communicate the company's value proposition.
- Communicate compelling vision, and benefits of GCS products to colleagues and partners.
- Own portfolio of projects, with ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to identify and solve client issues strategically.
- Work with the Sales, Account Management and Operations, teams to implement targeted sales strategy.
- Generate and maintain accurate Sales and opportunity plans.
- Work with internal teams on behalf of clients to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing teams fostering a culture of continuous process improvement and compliance.
- A strong track record of leading team leaders is preferred.
- Exceptional presentation skills, business acumen and executive presence is a must.
- Proven ability to inspire Leaders through consultative coaching, development planning, recognition, and accountability.
- Assist teams in closing difficult sales deals and manage through escalated issues when necessary.
- Analyze data and prioritize selling activities to develop strategies that meet key efficiency and effectiveness metrics.
- Willing to embrace challenges, take risks and learn from mistakes, while demonstrating a growth mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective consultative sales coaching, and pipeline skills management skills.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial mindset with a tenacious attitude and a strong will to win.
- Ability to articulate strategies/value proposition and coach both high and low performers.
- High achiever with proven high performance results as a people leader.
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- A track record of exceeding sales goals.
- The ability to inspire, motivate, and lead by example within large organizations.
- Strong relationship management skills with both internal business partners and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5-10 years B2B sales experience in financial services industry and 3 years of people leadership responsibilities.
- Experience leading an outbound sales team preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet).
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 7, 2018, 2:02:20 PM