American Express Careers
Rep - Account Management
- Making a high volume of outbound calls to existing client accounts, achieving a minimum number of high quality consultations daily
- Understand and effectively communicate the merchant value proposition to our clients
- Deliver product solutions to clients via a minimum number of daily consultative conversations
- Research and leverage relevant information on the merchant business using multiple sources of data including analytics and internal and external applications to create compelling conversations
- Work collaboratively across teams to achieve shared goals
- Provide regular insights and learnings to leadership and peers for continuous improvement
- Document client interactions and update client records
- Health and insurance benefits, many of which are effective on day one of employment
- Retirement and savings plan
- Employee discounts
- Other great place to work benefits including but not limited to tuition reimbursement and healthy living wellness programs
- Prefer 2+ years successful business development, sales, account development and/or account management experience with a proven ability to drive top results
- Prefer merchant / bankcard processing experience and/or knowledge
- Account development and sales skills including negotiation, influencing, and collaboration skills are a must
- Experience with gaining access to and interfacing with C-Level Executives and business owners (which include the CEO, CFO, and/or Controller)
- A team player with a strong will to succeed and a positive, resilient, and tenacious attitude
- Comfortable with a high paced, ever-changing environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to interpret financial information and use it effectively with the appropriate decision maker
- Ability to deal with clients across all markets, industries and levels
- Possesses a strong personal drive to lean into discomfort to grow and improve their skillset
- Experience with Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook is required
- Merchant Services background preferred, but not required
- Someone who has the ability to be innovative and looks for individuals who will drive transformation and change through creativity and problem solving
- Personal discipline and the ability to self-motivate and self-start are key being successful in our space
- Ability to manage their day efficiently and productively against their goals and put in extra time/hours when necessary to hit their monthly goals / targets and to exceed expectations
- Salaried position with guaranteed base pay
- Opportunity to earn generous quarterly performance based incentives
- Development opportunities including special assignments and a long term development program.
- Mentoring opportunities
- Team Recognition for monthly performance, quarterly winners, offsite team building activities and various contests/additional incentives
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018, 8:22:46 PM