American Express Careers
Assistant Marketing Manager – Digital Acquisition
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express Global Commercial Solutions (GCS) is the leading issuer of commercial payment solutions to small, medium and large businesses globally, and is one of the fastest growing business units at American Express. Therefore, it’s an exciting time in GCS Marketing as we are focused on acquiring customers across the small, medium and large segments to capture the growth opportunity available.
The Prospect Marketing team is responsible for acquiring customers digitally and driving Demand Generation, by consistently delivering quality warm leads, improving conversion and pipeline velocity, working closely with the GCS Acquisition teams across Australia/New Zealand. The team embodies a fast paced and dynamic culture, operates nimbly and embraces team work, accountability, flexibility and a will to win attitude.
This Assistant Marketing Manager position is responsible for driving the B2B digital acquisition funnel and making it quicker and easier for prospective new customers to respond to a trigger – e.g. a banner ad – complete an online Card application, and get approved as a new customer. Reporting to the Manager, Digital Acquisition, this will suit someone who understands data-driven decision making, digital capabilities, and customer application experience thereby helping to achieve the company’s growth targets.
Key features of the role include:
- Management of digital on-boarding/application experience across all Card products, including e-apply and paper across SME and Corporate segments
- Delivery of digital fundamentals, including tagging, tracking and reporting to analyse acquisition funnel and develop insights to improve activity
- Support project management of digital application capabilities for internationally-led testing roadmap and application enhancement
- Drive acquisition conversion and optimisation through delivery of analytics, insights and testing innovation
- Strong partnership with the wider acquisition team, internal stakeholders, central teams, agencies and consultancy with small business services product and marketing teams
- Maintaining market awareness of competitor activity, industry and technological advances to analyse and develop future plans
- Demonstrable and proven marketing experience
- Solid digital marketing experience, as well as campaign management experience would be highly advantageous
- Proficiency in SEO and site tracking tools such as Omniture would be desirable
- Understanding of acquisition levers for driving application growth and user experience
- Project management skills to ensure completion following clear timelines and project steps
- Ability to drive results and innovation in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Solution-oriented individual with ability to develop solutions to complex issues
- Strong communicator, able to influence and convince others to support strategies and tactics
- Experience managing multiple stakeholder relationships with strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong analytical, creative and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry viewed favourably
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018, 9:51:46 PM