American Express Careers
Operations Team Leader
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
WE ARE AON HEWITT’S BEST EMPLOYER FOR 2017 AND 2018 IN THE PHILIPPINES
ICT Award’s Best Global In-House Center Company for 2017 and 2018
J.D. Power’s ranked us the Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies in the U.S.
Help our cardmembers experience our servicing philosophy, Relationship Care.
Our US Customer Care Team Leaders use their instincts and passion to serve as the face and voice of the American Express brand. This position is primarily responsible for day-to-day management of a group of 13 - 15 Customer Care Professionals (CCPs). They motivate our CCPs in servicing American Express cardmembers to drive engagement and deepen loyalty.
Delight our cardmembers with extraordinary experience.
Are you ready for anything? Here are just some of the things that you can expect when you become a part of our growing team:
- The successful candidate will be part of a team that provides the ability to effectively demonstrate personal accountability in increasing customer satisfaction.
- Decision making in critical and day to day situations
- Drive business metrics (e.g., customer satisfaction – NPS/CSAT, value generation, average handling time, absenteeism, schedule adherence, and attrition).
- Monitor customer servicing calls to ensure flawless servicing execution / treatment, implementing call center management / floor management administration.
- Lead and maintain employee satisfaction and morale by using reward / recognition tools available.
- Provide daily coaching to calling executives.
- Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help employees maximize their performance
- Initiate process improvements by identifying service delivery gaps, offer solutions and successfully implement ideas to enhance American Express products and services. Provide leadership insight in Process improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance for all processes and policies and developing quality and productivity evaluations.
- Drive employee engagement
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum total work experience of 5 years
- Direct people leading experience of 3-7 years in a Premium call center customer service environment (preferably in BFSI account, additional billing experience also helpful)
- Previous heavy exposure to drive Voice of the Customer metrics
- Demonstrated follow-up, coaching and conflict resolution skills required. Must be an expert in basic soft skills & technical skills (proficient in Microsoft applications such as MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast paced environment and make decisions quickly while demonstrating flexibility / adaptability / personal accountability
- Creative and dynamic thinker. Proven history of implementing development and action plans to aid in growing team member skills to drive results
- Exposure to project management and six sigma orientation would be a plus
- Motivated by Variable pay (pay for performance)
In American Express, we pride ourselves through the following competencies:
- Focuses on Customer/Relationship Care
- Builds diverse talent
- Builds and leverages relationships
- Drives Improvements & Solutions
- Drives results
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We’re open to discuss this further in the process – but we’re pretty sure that whatever American Express comes up with as an offer – it would be something that you won’t be able to refuse! You’ll be able to enjoy most of our amazing benefits on your first day with us and that’s just the icing on the cake. In American Express, our people comes first, so the longer you stay, the more “savings” you make and look forward to thanks to our Retirement Benefits!
Once screened and invited by the Talent Acquisition team, expect at least fact-to-face 1-2 interviews to happen after. The interview will be conducted by our Operations Service Delivery Leaders and Operations Director.
So if this role is speaking to you, or if you know someone who’d be absolutely perfect for the role, or you simply just want to clarify more about the opportunity, go ahead and send an e-mail to Myke Angeline Libertino (email@example.com) and she will be sure to get back to you within 24-48 hours.
Our service operates over a 24/7 environment and we are hiring for various shifts - may have to work on rotational shifts, PRIMARILY NIGHT SHIFT depending on business needs including weekends and holidays.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018, 12:40:49 AM