American Express Careers
Marketing Experience Analytics - Engineer
This is an opportunity to join the Customer Marketing, Advertising, and Brand capabilities team within American Express Technology. Join our team, if you have the desire to tell a story with data, and the talent to seamlessly integrate customer information across physical, digital, mobile, and social media!
As an Engineer, you will join a Technology team which creates next-generation analytic capabilities for marketers, product teams, and senior leaders. This group is nimble and creative, with an entrepreneurial mission to stretch the art of the possible. This team develops Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions, creating insights about Card Members across the full spectrum of digital channels, including search, mobile, email, social, and web.
- Design, development, and testing of individual software components, modules, and services
- Being a member of an agile team and helping drive consistent development practices - tools, common components, and documentation.
- Participating in code reviews and automated testing.
- Debugging software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enabling the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration,
and production environments
- Automating deployments in test or production environments
- Identifying opportunities within projects and acts on own initiative without being
prompted, including making appropriate decisions as necessary
- Providing feedback to team members in code reviews
- Influencing team members with innovative changes and continuous improvements
- Mentoring and guiding junior team members to success within the team
This high energy Engineer must have:
- Software Development experience in a professional environment with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and/or databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Experience with Java, Scala, and/or Python is preferred
- Experience with Big Data and distributed systems, machine learning, and/or data mining is preferred
- Experience with RESTful web services, including API design and implementation is a plus
- Experience with Apache Spark or other streaming data frameworks is a plus
- Experience with Jupyter is a plus
- Experience with data visualization is a plus
- A strong will to win and drive results, with a proven ability to overcome internal and external barriers to achieve results.
- High levels of energy, engagement, and ownership. Positive attitude is an absolute must.
- Ability to travel for short periods, if necessary.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018, 4:00:38 PM