American Express Careers
Director of Onboarding Capabilities - Global Commercial Services
The Global Commercial Services Global Digital Capabilities, Transformation & Operations (GDCT&O) Team’s mission is driving transformational, innovative and strategic business initiatives globally to enhance our product capabilities. This focus directly supports the Process Automation & Onboarding Capabilities team. Core to our purpose is reimagining the solution to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency.
We work closely with our sales and account development organization – selling to new clients and helping grow business with existing clients. We have an opportunity to drive huge productivity gains in our field organization while improving the experience for clients to obtain our commercial products. We need to do more with the people we have: sell more, expand our client programs, and drive higher satisfaction amongst our clients. We are designing and delivering global sales assisted application and onboarding experience.
We are on a journey to create a best-in-class Product Organization. Our Product people not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
Do you enjoy changing the world of both business and technology looking for ways to drive additional value for the enterprise? if you’re interested in a career creating amazing customer experiences and making an impact on our sales teams, account development organization and customers, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
You’ll be challenged everyday as we continuously transform the Client Onboarding experience. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- The Director of Onboarding Capabilities serves as a key solutions management leader on the Global Acquisitions Value Stream team, which serves as a large cross functional agile team. This role includes a blend of product management, business strategy, executive communications and people leadership.
- The Director will create and own the Client Onboarding strategy for the Commercial team along with the execution of this strategy. This role will have to strongly partner with the Enterprise Digital and Platform Analytics, Salesforce, Risk, Global New Accounts teams and with other program scrum teams to enrich in articles the knowledge base on an ongoing basis.
- Additionally, this Director will oversee Product Owners (PO’s) and be the face to our senior leaders and partner teams in those regions
- As the program structure might evolve, this Director will be solicited to shape the future of the program (Servicing/Delivery)
A successful candidate will have:
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- 10+ years of experience Product Management and/or Product Development.
- Strong analytical and product development or product management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, track, and deliver results and lead teams;
- Prior experience developing or enhancing acquisition or other business technology platforms preferred;
- Strategic thinker with strong customer focus;
- An assertive and collaborative style, with the ability to drive innovation and change management while increasing adoption and correct usage of solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines, thrive in a complex fast paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands;
- Strong team player approach, with a can do attitude, who is able to work with virtual and global teams and lead team members in different time zones
- Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills;
- Prior Client Onboarding or experience with Commercial applications a huge plus;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners, stakeholders and executives to drive collaboration and alignment;
- BA/BS degree
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- You think globally.
- You put the customer at the center of all you do.
- You fall in love with the problem and not the solution.
- You hold yourself accountable.
- You make decisions with imperfect information.
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach.
- You’re methodical in how you recover from mistakes and crises.
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure.
- You’re excellent at understanding competing priorities.
- You can build trust with and inspire your team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 12:16:05 PM