American Express Careers
Director - Operational Enablement
The Global Product Development Process Automation and Onboarding Capabilities team in Global Commercial Services (GCS) is responsible for driving transformational, innovative and strategic business initiatives globally to enhance our client Onboarding capabilities. We are seeking a Director for Onboarding Capabilities Operational Enablement to manage our capabilities and platforms which directly support the acquisition and setup of Commercial clients.
This role will be responsible for the day-to-day run operations including proactive monitoring, ongoing management, demand management, partner engagement and issue resolution for our Acquisition and Onboarding capabilities. This position will report to the Vice President, Process Automation and Onboarding Capabilities.
The successful candidate must possess a strong understanding of how business processes and technologies impact commercial payments and be able to leverage this knowledge to create valuable solutions for our partners and customers.
- Leads strategies to remove barriers to ensure that capabilities and features are delivered per the commitments
- Support development of tailored communication on major initiatives launched by the sales assisted team in partnership with other members of our team as well as other cross functional product managers
- Deeply understand the processes of Sales/Account Development users and how this translates to Client Onboarding
- Own success metrics for the Client Onboarding strategy to measure adoption and value
- Coordinate communication, escalate and facilitate resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the Product Backlog
- Enable analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage and own product metrics
- Interact with internal customers to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems
- Define and execute the deployment plan, working to ensure that marketing and sales have what they need to be successful
- Continually improve products post-launch, prioritizing bugs and feature requests based on customer satisfaction and capability analytics
- Implement additional and enhance existing performance management tools (reporting, dashboards, etc.) to effectively monitor KPI’s at a team, or process level.
- Ensure that these are being leveraged in the management of sales and operations and as key input to a holistic process improvement program
- Partner with regulatory compliance experts within American Express to assess and strengthen GCS Client Onboarding process controls and regulatory adherence. Report risk events and ensure Corrective Action Plans are raised as necessary on recommendations from Compliance
- Provide real-time support to GCS Sales team members and ensure timely resolution of questions, issues impacting applications, and users’ escalations
- Work closely with the Global Field Enablement, Product Management, Marketing, Product Development, and Business Partnerships teams, to develop and implement sales strategies, introduce new products or capability features, and operationalize new business sales Partnerships
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Agile and SAFe principles, proficiency in Design Thinking a plus
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product vision and functionality
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability; project management skills
- An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach, an ability to think creatively
- Proven track record in managing large, complex software projects with multiple stakeholders and maintaining a loosely coupled, highly aligned culture
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business Management – MBA preferred
- Prior experience with commercial payments a plus
- Change Management experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- You are passionate about customers and value.
- You can build trust, inspire and grow your team.
- You hold yourself accountable to outcomes.
- You make decisions with imperfect information.
- You are excellent at balancing competing priorities.
- You solve complex problems with a blend of analytics, customer feedback and intuition.
- You pivot and recover from your mistakes.
- You operate well under pressure.
- You have high EQ and lead by example.
- You are tenacious and resilient and infinitely curious.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 12:17:46 PM