American Express Careers
Business Development Executive
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
At American Express we aspire to become the world’s most respected service brand. Our values encompass customer commitment, integrity, quality, teamwork, respect for people, good citizenship, will to win, respect for others and personal accountability.
The role is accountable for acquiring high value customers and ensuring that they are sold on to the most appropriate product to drive billings and customer satisfaction. There is a requirement to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders at senior levels, as well as a thorough understanding of the competitive environment within the Small Business segment. Client interaction involves telephone engagement with a focus on delivering an exceptional customer experience whilst maximizing sales efficiency & effectiveness.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has a strong background in B2B sales, account management and business development. It is also ideal for the candidate to have consultative selling experience as we are looking for someone who has excellent customer service skills.
• Prospecting for new customers through existing leads and cold calling and maximizing lead generation
• Timely execution of all sales activities – leads, campaigns, referrals & any self-generated leads
• Tracking and reporting sales performance including pipeline, acquisition results and market conditions
• Researches and understands prospects before making the call
• Be the interface between Amex and the customer to resolve any application processing issues
• Use online CRM tool (salesforce.com) to source leads
• Drive the on-boarding of new customers and initiates spend enablement activities
• Keep up-to-date on products and competition
• Engages in regular portfolio planning to determine areas of focus & project accurate full year forecasts
• Attend relevant industry and partner conferences, tradeshows and networking events
• Develop relationships across the business including Risk, Credit, New Accounts, Commercial Card and GMS
Qualifications• Consultative selling experience (proven track-record of meeting and exceeding sales goals)
• Proven ability of hunting new business is essential
• Excellent oral and written communication, relationship building experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
• Excellent planning skills and territory management skills
• Ability to engage and gain commitment effectively across all communication platforms (via telephone, email & face to face)
• Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel skills
This role will offer you career development, the chance to build your consultative selling skills and work with high performing team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018, 7:14:13 PM