American Express Careers
Senior Manager, Business Development
The Global Network Services (GNS) team is the bank partnership arm within the Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) organization.
The team is set up to accelerate the growth of the Amex License issuing and acquiring business through developing and growing strategic bank partnerships in the region. The partnerships span across Independent Operator markets (where the entire market is franchised to the partner including Consumer, Corporate and Acquiring businesses) and proprietary markets (where the partner has a Network Card License to issue cards to expand American Express brand).
• Business Development – Maintain and grow the Independent Operator partnership license businesses in Asia and Asia Pacific
• Relationship Management – Develop strategic relationships with key decision-makers within the issuing and acquiring partners, build strong multi-level relationships across the partners’ organization and ensure alignment within GNS South East Asia and South Pacific’s strategy and financial model
• Partnership Value – Develop and increase network value to our issuing and acquiring partners through value sell and deepen Amex’s market share within partner’s business
• Key Deliverables – Provide strategic thought expertise to generate new business volume and marginal contribution in delivering key performance indicators, namely, New Cards Acquisition, Billings, Revenue and Expenses targets
• Drive Consumer Card Issuing:
Competitive Analysis - assess competitive trends across markets both in the Consumer Card and Acquiring space
Product Line Strategy - Establish clear product line strategy with bank partner to drive consumer take up and engagement across various segments with partners
Business Opportunities – Identify and follow up on opportunities that will drive significant market growth, deepen the relationship with partners and optimise overall profitability of the relationship
• Support Corporate and Commercial Card Issuing and Merchant Acquiring
Be the on-ground support and follow-up on key projects and initiatives
Execute in market coverage plans to drive 75% parity across key markets, point-of-sale strategy and mystery shopping to detect suppression / surcharge issues, coverage gaps etc.
• Lead all discussions internally with other Line of Business (LOBs) and staff groups (Global Merchant Services, Proprietary Card Service, Technologies, Operations, General Counsel's Organisation, etc) to ensure alignment and consistent delivery of services to the partners to support business needs and growth
• Negotiate and agree funding and investment to be provided to GNS partners. Work with partners to continuously premiumise the existing portfolio and identify margin improvement opportunities
• Compliance / Brand – Adherence to compliance, business policies, procedures, service standards, brand and product guidelines
• Motivated and driven self starter with ability to get things done
• Ability to act as a strategic thought leader and influence key stakeholders from the financial services partners to acquiring partners
• Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
• External orientation with the ability to perceive, assess and deliver customer needs
• Outstanding matrix management skills, with the ability to engage and lead cross-functional teams across the organisation without direct reporting lines
• Ability to convert strategy into clear, actionable initiatives with track record of driving results
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise across diverse requirements and deliver to partner-driven timeframes
• Strong understanding of the drivers of profitability for issuing and acquiring
• Have the ability to inspire, influence and lead others without direct authority
• Ability to create opportunities and work in ambiguous and challenging environment
• At least 8 years of experience in Card Payments or Acquiring space in Asia
• Issuing and / or acquiring experience is a plus
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2018, 4:54:00 AM