American Express Careers
Mgr/Sr Mgr - Risk Management
- Assemble and cluster a rich variety of data sources such as internally generated transaction and complaint data, and external data from specialized data providers (e.g. social media, Bloomberg)
- Analyze, model and manage both structured and unstructured data using advanced statistical and machine-learning methods
- Utilize a diverse set of technologies and tools (e.g. R, SAS, Python, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Tableau) to derive risk-related insights across many processes (e.g. Acquisition, Customer Servicing, Fraud, Information Security) and risk types (operational and compliance)
- Conduct independent risk assessments across various processes to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues
- Define and develop comprehensive key risk indicators and key performance indicators to support comprehensive monitoring across risk types
- 0-3 years of experience with data-driven analytics using both statistical and machine learning techniques. Experience in financial services and risk management is a plus.
- Extensive experience with tools such as Python, Hadoop, R, SAS, SQL, Hive, Spark, MapReduce
- Effective communicator capable of explaining a complex problems and ideas clearly and succinctly Results-driven individual who likes challenging work
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Attention to details with ability to see the forest for the trees
- Bachelors degree
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering or similar field of study or equivalent work experience is required.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2018, 8:43:24 AM