American Express Careers
Senior Manager-Client Management
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 85+ cross industry merchant relationships in metro Atlanta area, Alabama and Tennessee.
- Establish and build strong relationships through consistent interaction with merchants regarding their business model, industry, marketplace and the challenges they face.
- Elevate and expand relationships with key decision makers (i.e. C-Level) across multiple business functions; Finance, Marketing, Operations contacts to influence and expedite decisions.
- Provide proactive consultation that will expand Merchant relationships, drive business growth and improve Merchant satisfaction.
- Develop & execute strategic account plans for identified accounts to grow revenue, market share and increase profitability.
- Increase American Express relevance by consistently & effectively delivering relevant Value.
- Track and evaluate business results and build new alliances with shared benefit for all partners.
- Build and leverage relationships with internal colleagues to efficiently execute against strategic growth plans.
- Expand American Express Card acceptance to meet/exceed annual targets.
- Improve Merchant Satisfaction.
- 100% Account Retention.
- Strong track record of consultative selling and relationship management experience with a proven ability to develop and deepen partnerships with customers.
- Ability to build and leverage relationships with key decision. makers/influencers across multiple business functions to identify and drive profitable growth.
- Strong analytical skills needed to analyze key metrics from a variety of tools; prioritize Merchants and activities and formulate portfolio strategy.
- Excellent financial skills and strong qualitative skills required to prepare financial analysis and lead financial discussions.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills are required.
- Customer-centric individual with the ability to achieve organizational and customer goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications; PowerPoint and Excel skills a must.
- Minimum of 5 years consultative selling experience.
- Candidate must reside in the metro Atlanta area.
- Educational requirement: Minimum of a 4 year college degree; MBA preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce; preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 12:17:38 PM