American Express Careers
Sr. Engineer - Must have exp. leading Engineering teams
- End-to-End design given specific business problems.
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- Perform Technical aspects of Software Development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments.
- Peer reviews and automated testing.
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- 60-70% of time would be spent on hands-on development/deployment activities.
- Takes accountability for the success of the team achieving their goals.
- Drives the team’s strategy and prioritizes initiatives.
- Influence team members by challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing innovative ideas.
- Drives ideas with consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related experience required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods and tools preferably Agile Scrum and SAFE Agile plus Agile Tools like Rally/JIRA.
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
- Willingness to learn new Technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential.
- 7+ years of wide breath of Engineering experience in application design, software development, automated testing, and production support in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Demonstrated experience leading team of Engineers.
- Experience with API development.
- Experience with Web Services, Cloud Integration and Development.
- Hands-on expertise with application design and software development in one or more platforms, languages, and tools (e.g. Java, J2EE, Spark, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, etc.) .
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, and relational databases.
- Experience with implementing integrated automated release management using tools/technologies/frameworks like Maven, Subversion, code/security review tools.
- Experience with Dev Ops, CI/CD and Automated testing tools such Sonarqube, Jenkins, JMeter, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and algorithm such as Regression, Clustering, Random Forest, Time Series Forecasting, etc.
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2018, 2:18:56 PM