American Express Careers
Full Stack Engineer
If you are passionate about the power of new technology, come join the automation team. We will be applying Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML) , Business Process Management (BPM), and other innovative technology across the American Express enterprise.
You will learn an enormous range of technology and see it applied across the company.
American Express has an enormous opportunity to leverage new and disruptive technologies with an enterprise focus on automation. The team is empowered to shape our technology and product roadmap. Bring your talent and desire to deliver innovative capabilities across an organization which is ripe with opportunity. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
We need a bright and collaborative Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to transform and deliver our interactive merchant platform.
- Building an enterprise software platform
- Learning new technologies and building integrations into many platforms
- Ability to define architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures and distributed systems
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Hand-on Java development
- Working closely with product owners in researching and prototyping new capabilities
- 4+ years of Software Development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience
- Expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and the ability to influence and optimize input from key partners
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 11, 2018, 10:24:35 AM