American Express Careers
Manager/Sr. Manager, Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) - US
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. To maintain this success, the organization must accelerate sales and drive profitable charge volume growth. The Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team within GCS is instrumental in ensuring achievement of these objectives. The Manager position within DS&I offers the opportunity to be part of this dynamic organization and help GCS navigate towards sustainable growth.
This position reports to the director Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) US SME and focuses on creating monthly results presentations, analyzing performance trends and making strategic recommendations across US SME groups to drive business performance and influence business objectives. The role focuses on providing insightful and analytical recommendations to drive growth, highlighting trends, risks and opportunities. Also provides an opportunity to work on multiple projects meant to streamline performance
- Develop standard offerings to present and communicate monthly performance results and findings to multiple levels of business in an effective manner.
- Champion data driven decision making and actively collaborate with business partners in order to assess, analyze and optimize business performance through key performance indicators
- Deliver insightful one-off deep dive analysis to support decision making at all levels and highlight specific trends.
- Build strong relationships with SME Field Sales and Account Development teams and other key business partners to understand business objectives and challenges and build solutions to address those.
- Resourceful self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguity and engage in structured thinking in order derive meaningful, data-driven insights
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to support DS&I Director's and Business in reviews and special projects. Ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of statistical software's like Hive/R is preferred.
- Ability to handle large and complex datasets
- Strategic, big-picture thinker with strong business acumen and high degree of creativity in identifying opportunities for products, services, new processes and systems
- Strong project management skills with proven record of successfully driving results on complex, large-scale, cross-functional initiatives
- Proven relationship-builder with strong consultative and collaborative skills to partner with business leaders in order to devise solutions to complex business challenges
- Excellent communicator with the ability to understand the audience needs
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2018, 10:28:47 AM