Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This position provides strategic and tactical support to the Vice President of International Consumer Credit Operations in the Global Service Network organization. The incumbent will be a vital member of the ICCO leadership team, working closely on the execution of key deliverables.
The Manager will handle a broad range of complex business and management challenges, collaborating with a variety of business partners across the ICCO, GSN, Risk, Technologies, and GNICS organizations for international markets.
Support the ICCO Leadership Team:
- Create and manage the content for the staff and functional senior leadership meetings (monthly) and offsite (annually) to shape meaningful agendas and facilitating, recording, and participating in discussions and Follow-up on agreed actions.
- Serve as central point of contact for urgent business issues, initiatives & addressing information requests.
- Manage the ICCO Operations scorecards, dashboards & other reporting available for International Credit.
- Provide oversight & consultation as appropriate to assure timely remediation actions are executed to address compliance issues Business Development & Business Planning.
- Lead and co-ordinate strategic projects and initiatives as required, including the year-end planning process, mandatory training completions & other senior office milestones.
- Develop and maintain project plans, conduct and facilitate project meetings, analyze business/financial data, identify and assess issues and develop and test plans for projects.
- Management of the Executive Office:
- Create impactful internal and external presentations, speeches, and communication including the design of meaningful and comprehensive presentations for key business reviews.
- Oversee the management of the Vice President’s schedule, leading the logistic and administrative requirements for all meetings and events.
- Partner with Public Affairs to facilitate effective employee communications and engagement (i.e. Town halls, Employee Forum presentations, Organizational announcements).
- Partner with Human Resources to facilitate the mid-year and year end performance review process, as well as Goal Setting, Development Plans, among other HR requirements.
- The successful candidate is a strong strategic thinker who possesses the confidence and composure required to effectively communicate with senior management.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
•Experience of at least 1 year in business planning environment required.
•A commercial mindset with excellent statistical/ financial acumen and analytical skills.
•Superior organization & planning skills with outstanding oral & written communication skills.
•Outstanding leadership & relationship building skills with proven ability to influence without authority, and proven project management skills to handle multiple initiatives flawlessly.
•Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to changing circumstances, make decisions quickly and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and with little guidance.
•Bachelor’s Degree required.