American Express Careers
Campus Graduate – 2019 Enterprise Digital & Analytics Summer Internship
- Be responsible for the end-to-end strategy, development and execution of new and emerging digital products, services and/or technology platforms, following a User Centered Design approach
- Create and manage projects from concept through production; engaging the necessary teams to shape a rich and engaging customer experience
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer, grounding ideas in data driven solutions by partnering with our customer research team to incorporate user insights and principles throughout the process.
- Lead the Agile product development process (Lean, SAFe, Kanban) including writing user stories, defining support documents, and conducting usability testing.
- Leverage data-driven insights to inform the product development lifecycle.
- Stay on top of market trends and competitive landscape, and evaluate usage data.
- Influencing a variety of cross-functional stakeholders (marketing, engineering, legal, compliance, risk) and collaborate across teams
- Be responsible for understanding how our business functions and how it might best be served using new and emerging digital products and/or services.
- Passion for end-to-end customer experience, innovation and user-centered design
- Demonstrated interest in digital space and ability to collaborate with technology partners
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Ability to blend big picture thinking with fine details and manage many stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Willing to take risks, experiment, and share fresh perspectives
- Proficient in analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Currently enrolled in full-time Graduate degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We
appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in
contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Tags: US reqs – MBA/MS
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2018, 9:44:04 AM